
I have been sick with a head cold for a week and a half and thought I was getting better. This morning I woke up about 2:45 am and could not get back to sleep. I saw Kevin off to the slopes at 4:45 and finally dropped off about 6:30. I was awakened by a loud knock and the doorbell at 8:30. I thought it was my Dad (coming to visit me while my Mom gets her hair done). So I just threw on my warm teddy bear bathrobe and went to the door, opened it and said, "Come on in". To my surprise it was a beautiful newswomen with a mike in her hand and 2 guys with TV cameras. I said "Whoa". I did not let them come in. They asked if I had heard anything at about 11:00 last night. They told me that 6 young adult men had blown up the manhole cover to the side of our house. My neighbor Mike had heard the explosion and called the police. Because of his description the police found the perps in West Jordan doing the same thing. They are now in jail. I told the KSL newspeople I knew nothing and they seemed to want to talk for a while. You know I can always hold up a conversation. Later today a news crew came out and filmed the manhole cover and the street. I was dressed but they didn't come to ask me any more questions. It must be a slow news day. The article on KSL.com makes it sound quite bad and said the explosion rocked the neighborhood. This just makes me more suspect of anything I hear on the news. I am such a light sleeper and I always have one ear ready to hear anything out of the ordinary. I am sure I would have heard a rocking the area type noise. They are trying to say that things must be really bad if this is happening in Draper. I missed my one chance to be on the news for my 10 seconds of fame. See www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148& sid=5605821
No comments:
Post a Comment