Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thanks Mark and Lonie


Last night at about 5:00 our friend Mark Carr called and asked us if we were spontaneous and wanted to go to a Jazz game.  We did and they picked us up at 5:30.  We went to Energy Solutions Arena and up to the 8th floor for a wonderful dinner buffet (prime rib, ribs, shrimp, crab along with anything else you could possibly want to eat).  Just as I was finishing my desserts (too many) it was time to go down to the game.  All the way down.  We had seats on the floor right in the center.  I couldn't believe it.  It was so exciting to be that close.  No one was in front of us.  Andre Kirlinko stood right in front of me to inbound and I could have tugged on his shorts.  It was very interesting to see the players so close.  I learned that Deron Williams stares intensely into the eyes of his opponents.  The player's feet are huge, of course so is the rest of them.  During half-time we had more food in a special room.  Notice the cost of the tickets.  Who spends that kind of money on a spectator sport?  Plenty of people because the seats were full and what surprised me most were all the little kids sitting in those seats!  Mark Carr is a member of the Jazz 100 Club.  It was a pleasure being there and I loved seeing the faces up close but I would never be able to pay that kind of money--- no matter how much I had.

No comments: