Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not Funny

I just read my friend Sally's latest blog post.  I laughed out loud.  I read my cousin Amy's latest post and I laugh out loud.  I read all of Jodie's posts and they are all very funny.  Myself, I am not funny, although I find humor in just about everything.  I can laugh at the smallest of jokes.  I think my husband is funny most of the time.  I think my kids are funny all the time.  We sit at dinner and someone will be talking and someone else says a  few word phrase and the whole table dissolves in laughter.  Mostly these small quotes are from the Simpsons who have a quote for every occasion. I watch the same shows (I don't think they are that funny though) but I can't remember every tintsy, tiny line to bring up at the exact right moment.  I can't tell jokes because I ruin the punch line, so I don't even try.  Sometimes I say something I think is very funny and no one laughs and Mark says, "Did you say something funny?  Look kids Mom is trying to be funny." Sometimes they will even smile at my efforts.  I do have a few friends who laugh with me when I think I'm funny.  So why can I appreciate humor in all forms but not be able to be humorous?  I guess its like appreciating good music but not being able to play it.  So all of you bloggers with funny bones--I will laugh at your writing.  Just read mine and smile and say well she isn't very funny but she sure can sew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was funny!