Thursday, February 5, 2009
My New Class
I have had quite a time wondering what I would do with all of the free time I'm going to have. Liz (my good friend) is attending the U of U finishing up her degree, so I thought maybe a Masters for me or just go with her and attend some classes that I have always wanted to take. I looked into several programs and nothing quite fit what I wanted to do. I graduated in Business Management and Finance thinking that would be the most practical at the time. I have never regretted that decision, as it has been good for me to understand business and risk etc. But......I always wanted to study English or Humanities and I have kicked around the idea for years. I remember wanting to be a tour guide in an art museum when I was a teenager. Well wanting freedom and having time I happened upon a great solution. Lynn Johnson gave me a catalog of college classes on DVD. I ordered 3 classes from The Great Courses. "From Monet to Van Gogh: A History of Impressionism" is my first class. I also ordered "How to Listen and Understand Great Music" and "A History of European Art". They rotate the classes that are on sale throughout the year. These are real university classes taught by experts in each field. I really like the lectures and I can watch them anytime I want. I don't care about credit, so here's to getting more educated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment