The front doors were glass looking out the windows to the Sea at the Tombolo.
Breakfast buffet
I loved watching Melanie. She has never been to Europe and she was so excited about everything.
This was incredible, a long downhill through a canopy of trees. I just took my time trying to soak up all the smells, light, textures and peace that I felt here. It was truly amazing.
There are lots of cork trees around here. They scrape off the bark up to the first branches every eight years. It is used for the corks of the wine bottles.
Suvereto
Every hill had a castle or fortress.
After a long and warm ride, the pool was refreshingly cold.
Dinner buffet at the Montebelli
Panna cotta, mmmmm, it was so good.
We ate so much every night and for so long, 2-3 hours that I could not go to sleep on such a full stomach, so we started playing cards each night. It was so much fun. Actually, I did not sleep well most nights--too much to think about, too many sights to remember and too much food at every turn. As Stacy said, "I can sleep at home."


No comments:
Post a Comment