Tuesday, September 27, 2011

On to Rome

We got up and got on a bus that drove us to Rome.  We were in a hurry to meet our tour guide for our "See Rome in One Afternoon" tour.  I was so tired from not sleeping again that I could hardly keep my eyes open and looked for anywhere to sit down.  I really tried to enjoy the tour even though I had a hard time understanding all the pagan, mythological and spiritual all mixed together at the Vatican although it didn't bother anyone else.  It was quite a change from Toscana by the Sea.  The cars drive anywhere they want, make their own lanes and weave in and out of very tight spaces.  Our guide did a very good job of giving us a taste and moving on to the next room.  








 St. Peter's Basilica-not possible to get a good picture of the whole, it is so amazingly proportionate and beautiful.  It truly is Michelangelo's gift.

 Michelangelo's Pieta-Masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture

 Swiss Guard



The end of an incredible trip to Italy.  I loved every minute.  I was surprised by how much I loved the country and the people I met.  I thought I was a Switzerland/Germany kind of girl, but Italy ranks right up there--at least Tuscany.  

4 comments:

Robert said...

magnifico e grazie per tutti the eccellente fotos!

Lorna said...

Robert, I thought you spoke German, are you a closet Italian? You would fit right in.

Natalie said...

I want to go there! The whole trip looked like a blast.

Natalie said...

Ok, I just figured out how to comment again. Tell Grandma to change her settings on blogger to have comments come up in a popup instead of being imbedded in the post. Somehow it fixed my problem.