This is our last day of riding in Tuscany. We start and end at Montebelli on a short but memorable ride of only 28 miles.
Our last briefing by Matteo
Mark named it "The Van of Shame" on the first day and it stuck. No one even considered getting in until the last day and then only to get back quicker to the hotel. I think we were an amazing group of riders. We mostly stayed together, we were athletic, we laughed a lot and we all loved the trip. Our guides told us we were their best group (of course I am sure they tell every group that). There was never a discouraging word except maybe from Randy who kept saying that Luigi and Matteo graduated from the "Lorna Brower School of Topography". "It is pretty flat with maybe a little hill really, not bad at all". Fourteen years ago we biked through Vermont and I had to stretch the truth just a little about the elevations and distances. The Thorntons have not forgotten.
Our last snack by the side of the road
I feel like Lynn, I want to take it all home with me.
This is where they get all those zucchini flowers to fry
Another castle on a hill
The green door I never found but all the men used throughout the trip
I think bike shorts are great beach attire, they sure look great on Mark. Dave and Liz thought ahead and tucked their suits in their packs.
Good night Montebelli
Farewell dinner
We will miss our Italian boys who took such good care of us,
Ciao, Luigi and Matteo!





No comments:
Post a Comment