Tuesday, November 4, 2008

471 Begonia Blvd.

Hey all you family members reading this, I thought you would like to see our old house in Fairfield.  It actually looked better than I expected.  I remember doing the dishes and looking out the little kitchen window next to the front door. You could see the golden hills with just a few lone trees.   I remember the daisies in the back yard and the big garden Dad would plant.  I remember that there were frogs in the back yard and I never caught one because I didn't want to.  I remember the year Dad raised cute little bunnies and then butchered them for dinner and I went to a friend's to eat.  I remember that Kent found a snake and lost it in the house and I didn't like that at all.  I remember all the slumber parties I used to have.  I can't believe Mom let me have those.  Now I need my sleep too much to allow non-slumber parties.  I remember Mom and Mrs. Oakley sitting on the sidewalk watching Terrie and me doing baton routines complete with commercials.  I also thought that street was so steep that I couldn't ride my bike up the hill and had to walk up.  It is such a gentle incline that I must have been very little and young when I thought that.  I moved to that house when I was in 4th grade and left this month 32 years ago when I was 16.  It holds volumes of memories for me as it was most of my growing up years.  I remember thinking when we left that no where would ever be so wonderful.  I have lived in many wonderful places since but I still hold a place in my heart for that house and that time of my life.

No comments: