Now you are a great-grandpa!
You have been a wonderful father for 48+ years. Thank you for teaching me so many things as I was growing up. You are an example to me of an honorable man who lives what he teaches. I always could look to you if I had any question about just about anything. You gave me a love of learning and education that has been passed on to my children. You gave me a love of nature and spending time in the outdoors. You have loved Mom for over 50 years and I hope I can follow that example too. I don't like to collect things like you do, but I do like to collect memories and so many in my life have you in them. I was thinking of a picture in my mind of you sitting on the stairs in that Sunnyvale apartment reading bedtime stories to Craig, Janet and Jared. I hadn't seen you do that for a long time in Fairfield. I remember you always complimenting my cooking even when it wasn't really that good. I remember you bringing home our first color TV and being so excited. That dates us! I have a funny memory of going to fly kites with fishing poles in the park behind Sullivan Jr. High. We drove by that park last month and I had a flashback. I remember that you always wanted me to be and do my very best. I have tried to be and do what you expected and I am very happy. Thank you for being my Dad and for all that you have given me through the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment