Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Horse Knows the Way

When we were first married and for several years after, we went to St. George for Thanksgiving.  Mark's parents had a house on the Bloomington Golf Course.  We loved the warm weather.  I got to go shopping with Connie, Karen and Margaret and  Mark golfed with his Dad.  We would ride the scooters around and when we had kids, they loved those scooters.  The boys also loved the pin-ball machine and the hot tub.  It was a great vacation for a family with little money.  We looked forward to it every year.  

After a few years we bought a Snowbird timeshare with our friends the Hansens at an auction.  We had a small studio Thanksgiving week.  We always wanted it to snow and sometimes it did.  One year Natalie got the chicken pocks that week and was very unhappy. 

One year it snowed so much that they had the condos on lockdown and we couldn't go anywhere.  It got so bad that the employees couldn't get up the mountain and so no one was keeping the underage kids out of the hot tub.  Ours had a blast, they would get all hot and then run out and make snow angels in the deep drifts. 

One year Kevin did a back flip into the pool and hit the edge and cracked his head open just above his eye. I remember seeing blood dripping down from his eyes and I thought he had poked his eye out.  We drove fast down the canyon to Alta View Emergency with Kevin screaming the whole way "I don't want a shot". He got the shot and several stitches. 

A side note, three years ago (age 21), Kevin broke his wrist and I took him to the orthopedic.  He still didn't want a shot and the doctor set the wrist without anesthetic.  He hadn't done that before but Kevin insisted.  I had to leave the room!  

We had a lot of fun there but grew out of the space and sold it all to the Hansens.  

No comments: