Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hooray for the Pumpkin Pie

Every year my brother Rod makes pumpkin pies.  He makes them all from scratch from real pumpkins (not the canned stuff).  They look so good, they even smell better.  I want to like them, but the truth is I don't.  I try a few bites every year thinking I will surely like it this year.  I like all the ingredients especially the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves) but put together it just doesn't work for me.  I really don't like pumpkin cookies or pumpkin cheesecake either.  And don't even get me started on Mincemeat.  Who put those ingredients together?

What are my favorite Thanksgiving desserts?  Well I like any fruit pie and any cream pie, especially banana cream and coconut cream and I like Kelly's pecan pie (actually anyone's homemade pecan pie but Kelly's is the best).  But I really like chocolate.  Shad, my nephew who owns a chocolate company will bring Utah Truffles for us.  I gave him a nice leather couch and love seat and told him he just needs to give me chocolate whenever he sees me.  Last year we did a chocolate fountain and everyone liked that.  I usually eat so much great food for dinner that anything more than a taste of dessert is too much. 

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  If you are reading this I probably love you and I am very thankful for you!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I agree with you that the Thanksgiving meal it self doesn't leave much room for dessert...as much as I love it, it just doesn't taste that great after SO MUCH FOOD! :) Love you!